Last Updated February, 2023
Scope and consent
Please read this Policy carefully along with the LYO MERCHANT Terms of Service, which describe the terms under which you use the Services. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By accessing and using our Platform and/or our Services, you agree that you have read, understood and accepted this Policy.
We may process information from the following types of users:
- Visitors of our Platform;
- Merchants who sign up for our Services (“Merchants” means any business that uses our Services to process payments, including non-profits that use our Services to accept donations and “Aggregators” that use our Services as a payment services platform for their own Merchants);
- Shoppers of Merchants (“Shoppers” means individuals who indirectly interface with LYO MERCHANT when paying a Merchant’s invoice that is forwarded by LYO MERCHANT to a Merchant during checkout, when requesting a refund from a Merchant, when creating a LYO MERCHANT account, or when making a donation to a non-profit);
- LYO MERCHANT card holders who have signed up for a LYO MERCHANT debit card;
- LYO MERCHANT wallet holders who have downloaded and installed the LYO MERCHANT app on their mobile device; and
- Payees (e.g., employees, contractors, vendors or exchange customers) who request a payment (“Payout”) via cryptocurrency from a Merchant and create a LYO MERCHANT account.
What kind of information do we collect?
We collect different kinds of information when users interact with us. The information we collect depends on the type of user. We collect information you choose to provide to us when interacting with our Services. We may also collect information automatically from your devices. We collect and process this information for the purpose of providing you the Services and to comply with legal requirements.
Information we collect
- Your Personal Information- We may collect your personal information such as full legal name, date of birth, age, nationality, gender, signature, utility bills, phone number, email address and home address, passport or photo identification such as driver’s license or national identity card, User ID, Wallet addresses, financial information and other personal information you chose to provide us. Also, please note that we may obtain information about you from third party sources as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Your Account Information - To create a LYO MERCHANT account, you must provide us with an email address and secure password.
- Your Products and Services - We retain information submitted by you when you create each payment button or donation button, which may include your product or service name, price and description.
- Your Cryptocurrency Addresses - We retain your public cryptocurrency addresses generated in the course of your use of the Service.
- Your Transactions - We retain any records, histories, or metadata for the transactions you conduct on the applicable blockchain. If you request personal information from your customers as part of the transaction, we retain a copy of this information. To monitor cryptocurrency transactions and provide you with account balance information, we store the public keys associated with your private keys.
- Customer Support - We collect any additional information you disclose to our customer support team
Information that is Collect Automatically
- Information collected by Cookies
- Server log information
- Device information
- Usage information
- Telemetry Information
We may collect information about your activities on our Platform via first and third-party cookies, clear GIFs or web beacons, or through other identifiers or technologies, including similar technologies as they may evolve over time.
You generally have the following rights, which you can usually exercise free of charge:
Access to a copy of your personal data
The right to be provided with a copy of your personal data
Correction (also known as rectification)
The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data
Erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten)
The right to require us to delete your personal data—in certain situations
Restriction of use
The right to require us to restrict use of your personal data in certain circumstances, eg if you contest the accuracy of the data
The right to receive the personal data you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
To object to use
The right to object:
—at any time to your personal data being used for direct marketing (including profiling)
Not to be subject to decisions without human involvement
The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
We do not make any such decisions based on data collected by our website
The right to withdraw consents
If you have provided us with a consent to use your personal data you have a right to withdraw that consent easily at any time
Withdrawing a consent will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal data in reliance on that consent before it was withdrawn
To exercise any of the above stated rights, please get in touch with us by emailing the address provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
Why we collect personal information
We use the information we collect to operate our business, provide our Services, for other purposes as permitted or required by law, and to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use your information to:
- Provide our Services (including customer support);
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- To maintain, deliver and improve our Platform
- Communicate with you about our Services and business and to inform you of matters that are important for your account and/or use of our Platform. We also use your personal data to respond to any questions, comments or requests you filed with us and the handling of any complaints;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- Establish, exercise and defend legal claims;
- Monitor and report compliance issues;
- Customize, measure, and improve our business, the Services, and the content and layout of our Platform and applications (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services, websites and apps; ensuring the security of our networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services);
- Perform data analysis;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and measure the effectiveness of it. To approach you via email for marketing purposes, we request your consent, unless it is not required by law. You always have the option to unsubscribe from our mailings, e.g., via the unsubscribe link in our newsletter;
- Perform risk management, including comparing information for accuracy and verify it with third parties and protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Enforce our contractual terms.
How we protect and store personal information
We take the security of our information seriously. We use administrative, technical, and physical security designed to safeguard personal information in our possession, and we maintain internal policies and procedures to address our data security. However, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that we collect and store. We will notify relevant authorities and users in the event of a data breach, if required under applicable law.
We retain data as required or permitted by law. For example, as a regulated financial institution, we may retain identification for 5 years or more after an account has been closed or become dormant. We may retain certain information for accounting and security purposes even after our business relationship with you has ceased.
How we share data with third parties
We shall never sell or rent your personal information. We may disclose the information we gather with our affiliates and third parties. For example, we may share information with:
- Other LYO MERCHANT entities, including to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services and communications;
- Service providers who help with our business operations and to deliver our Services, such as cloud service providers providing cloud infrastructure; providers of ID verification solutions and other due diligence solutions; providers of customer service solutions; providers of Platform analytics; and providers of marketing automation platforms;
- We may also share certain Shopper information with our Merchants, for example, in cases of suspected fraud or in connection with an ongoing investigation.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify, alter and/or amend this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on our Platform. The revised version will be updated at the top of this Policy and it will be effective at the time we post it. You are responsible for periodically reviewing this Policy, and your continued use of the platform upon modification will be considered as acknowledgement and acceptance of the amendments made.
We maintain, and require our service providers to maintain, appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information you entrust to us.
However, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition, or alteration of your data will not occur. Please recognize that you play a vital role in protecting your own personal information. When registering with our Services, it is important to choose a password of sufficient length and complexity, to not reveal this password to any third-parties, and to immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account.